Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rock and Roll San Diego Race Expo

 

DSCN3786

Here is a quick recap on the Race Expo and I’ll be back tomorrow night to recap the race in full detail. The SD RnR Race Expo was hosted at the SD Convention Center. They recommended that locals come to the event on Friday to avoid the crowds.

DSCN3789

I went to the Expo with my friend Megan- who also ran her first half marathon! The person that took this picture cut off the countdown, so we asked her to take another and my eyes are shut!

DSCN3790hello?! open your eyeballs!

DSCN3793

I didn’t end up buying at anything at the expo, but enjoyed a few of the free samples! I love having the samples in my desk at work for snacks! I should’ve taken a picture of my loot. I got 2 mini Lara bars- Carrot Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough; 2 packs of  Sport Beans; a sample of Laura Scudders Peanut Butter; Degree motionSENSE deodorant; full size Odwalla Chocolate Chip Peanut; Cascadian Farm Organic dark chocolate almond granola; Nutrilite ROC20. I think that’s it—not too many!

DSCN3794

Megan bought me this beer for $1, since I didn’t have any cash! I was supposed to get one of these at the finish line too- but never made it over. I heard that the line was atrociously long!

DSCN3797

Overall the expo was really fun and I loved seeing many of the brands that I have bought through blog reading. I saw Mission (love their sweat proof sunscreen), SPIbelt (and they gave me free toggles for my bib number), and Sweaty Bands (I asked why my super mini skinny one won’t stay on my head). I also sampled a ton of products there which ruined my dinner appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment